Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Schedule for the Season

Hi. I am so sorry I did not post anything for a few days. I have a very busy life, and wish I could have found time for it. But lets start over. Hi! How is everyone? The thing I would like to write about today is the schedule for synchro. We ( meaning me and my fellow swimmers ) have very busy schedules. Synchro starts primly at 4:00 three days of the week, soon to be four. I, as well as some other people on the team, get out of school a bit later, so I cannot make it to synchro usually until 4:15. I always try to make it, but, well, I never do.

This sort of correlates to my last post, where I wrote about the school life of a synchro swimmer. Next Thursday our coaches will let us get out of the pool early so that we may get dressed and go up to the viewing area of the pool, and there they will meet us and our parents to talk about the synchro schedule for this year. This is things like: no synchro days, packing sports clothes for running, etc. Sometimes they talk about things like people's goals for the year, expectations from the coaches, and expectations from the swimmers.

At the start of the season, the coaches also pulled us aside one by one to talk about our personal goals for the season, and how we could achieve them. They also talked to us about if we favored having a small routine ( solo, trio, duet ), and if so, who would we want to swim with ( in the case of the duet and trio ). I personally prefer only the team routine, which is the whole team of 6-8 people swimming to the same music. But that is just my opinion.

In my parting statement, I will give you something to ponder and something to look forward to. My next post will hopefully be on Friday, and I have one question. Why hasn't anyone commented yet? Constructive criticism as well as compliments, or just regular comments are always accepted. Have a nice day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment